A10 Networks Extends Advanced Application Delivery and Security with Microsoft Azure
A10 vThunder ADC provides Azure customers with dynamic L4-L7 application services in the cloud to enable extensibility, increased agility and lower TCO
SAN JOSE, Calif. – May 5, 2015 – A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a leader in application networking, today announced its virtual application delivery controller (ADC) appliance, vThunder ADC, is now available as a Virtual Machine (VM) image on the Azure Marketplace. The vThunder VM offers dynamic “application-aware” services, including advanced L4-7 load balancing, application acceleration and improved-security in an all-in-one virtual instance. Unifying vThunder with Azure enables extensibility and consistent policies across customers’ physical, virtual and cloud computing environments, rapid provisioning, and on-demand access to computing resources. Customers have the flexibility to choose from “Pay-as-You-Go” and Bring Your Own License (BYOL) license models. Additionally, A10 will provide demos of its Thunder ADC and Threat Protection System (TPS) technology to Microsoft Ignite 2015 attendees, May 5-8, in McCormick Place, booth 332.
A10’s vThunder for Azure provides multiple solutions, including:
- Allowing applications to be tested cost-effectively in Azure’s public cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) environment for rapid innovation.
- Providing disaster recovery, with the public cloud IaaS services delivering a cost-effective redundant environment for always available business continuity.
- Distributing standby capacity to an IaaS environment, allowing cloud bursting for additional peak capacity without having to add permanent, physical infrastructure.
- Enabling smaller enterprises to outsource their data center operations to achieve the same levels of functionality and service that larger enterprises enjoy.
“Many customers are augmenting their private infrastructure with public cloud services,” said Paul Nicholson, director of product marketing at A10 Networks. “vThunder allows Azure customers to integrate private and public cloud services with the full feature set of an advanced ADC for the first time. The extensibility of the A10 Harmony Architecture ensures consistent policies and maximum flexibility.”
“Integration of advanced Layer 4-7 services and virtual appliances into cloud environments is a priority for Azure customers,” said Venkat Gattamneni, group product marketing manager, Microsoft Azure. “With A10 and vThunder, customers have the opportunity for rapid service deployment, consistent policy enforcement and reduced total cost of ownership.”
“As organizations of all sizes move workloads from local data centers to public and hybrid cloud solutions, they are insisting on advanced functionality in IaaS environments,” said Dr. Jim Metzler, founder and vice president of Ashton, Metzler & Associates. “A10 Thunder ADC delivers advanced L4-7 availability and security services essential for cloud-based workloads in Microsoft Azure. The availability of vThunder for Azure provides more choice and flexibility for customers in their ADC options.”
The availability of vThunder on the Azure platform provides the following benefits:
- Rapid Service Deployment: The vThunder VM images could be launched within minutes on Azure with cost-effective IaaS computing resources and minimal management efforts.
- Consistent Policy Enforcement: vThunder Azure customers’ benefit from the same ADC and security features gained from dedicated Thunder ADC appliances. Customers can use the public cloud IaaS services with the same features, enabling workloads and configuration migration from their public to private data centers, and vice versa.
- Reduced TCO: Utilize cost-effective IaaS computing resources with rich on-demand ADC services for a lower total cost of ownership.
A10 Networks’ vThunder for Azure, running the Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS), is available today. Pay-as-You-Go licensing starts at $0.43 per hour. Pricing for perpetual licenses using BYOL starts at $7,495.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN) is a leader in application networking, providing a range of high-performance application networking solutions that help organizations ensure that their data center applications and networks remain highly available, accelerated and secure. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves customers globally with offices worldwide. For more information, visit: http://www.a10networks.com and @A10Networks
The A10 logo, A10 Networks, A10 Harmony, A10 Thunder, vThunder and ACOS are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
# # #