A10 Networks Receives Additional Microsoft Lync Server Certification for Application Delivery Controller Solutions
A10 Thunder and vThunder solutions optimize a broad array of software, including Microsoft Lync Server 2013 and provide an ideal transition for Forefront TMG users
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Dec. 15, 2014 – A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a technology leader in application networking, today announced its Thunder Application Delivery Controller (ADC) solutions have achieved certification for use as a reverse proxy with Lync Server 2013 by Microsoft’s Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program (UCOIP). A10 Thunder purpose-built hardware appliances and hypervisor-based virtual vThunder offerings optimize Microsoft’s front-end and back-end Lync servers to enhance the delivery of popular services such as user authentication, web conferencing, instant messaging, application sharing, contact list storage and more. A10 ADCs are also tested and certified with Lync Server for use as a load balancer.
A10 Thunder ADC solutions, both physical and virtual, underwent extensive testing and verification to achieve Microsoft’s validation of critical reverse proxy interoperability for Lync Server. In addition, the evaluation process requires detailed vendor documentation such as A10’s step-by-step deployment guide to ease configuration. This UCOIP certification also shows A10 Thunder ADCs ability to replace Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) for Lync reverse proxy scenarios. Download A10’s white paper to learn how Microsoft TMG customers can successfully migrate to Thunder ADCs.
“One of our primary objectives is to provide IT administrators and network infrastructure professionals with application networking tools that enable them to quickly and efficiently deliver the best possible user experience at all times,” said Paul Nicholson, Director of Product Marketing at A10 Networks. “With the UCOIP reverse proxy certification for Lync, A10 demonstrates its continuing commitment to support complex enterprise application environments; enhancing application availability, security and responsiveness.”
A10 has a long history of working closely with Microsoft to optimize many of their applications. Thunder ADCs enhance the scalability, performance, availability and security of Microsoft enterprise applications including Exchange, SharePoint and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS). A10 provides comprehensive support for Microsoft and other applications with Smart Templates, deployment guides and validated interoperability – simplifying installation and configuration. For detailed information on Microsoft application-specific guides, visit A10’s Microsoft Partner Solutions Page.
Key Features and Benefits
A10 Thunder ADC benefits for Lync Server deployments include:
- Application scaling by load balancing traffic across multiple servers
- High availability with sub-second stateful failover
- Application acceleration and scaling
- SSL offloading
- Protection against web application attacks and online security threats
- High-density multi-tenancy
- Learn more about installing and configuring Lync Server 2013 with A10 Thunder ADCs at: http://www.a10networks.com/resources/files/A10-DG-16139-EN.pdf
- For additional information on exchanging Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) with A10 Thunder ADCs, download the “Optimize Enterprise Application Availability, Security and Responsiveness” white paper at: http://www.a10networks.com/forms/register.WP-Optimize_Enterprise_Application_Availability_Security_Responsiveness.php
- For additional information on other A10 security, cloud and networking, and application partners, please visit: http://www.a10networks.com/partners-tech.php
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN) is a technology leader in application networking, providing a range of high-performance application networking solutions that help organizations ensure that their data center applications and networks remain highly available, accelerated and secure. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves customers globally with offices worldwide. For more information, visit: https://www.a10networks.com
A10 Networks, the A10 logo, A10 Thunder, Thunder, and vThunder are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.