Aerohive Brings Personal Shopping Experience to Fingertips with Endless Aisle Application for Retail
Endless Aisle Mobile App Utilizes iBeacon and Wi-Fi Technology to Engage Customers with Information, Insights and Promotions about Products Both in and Out of the Physical Store
Sunnyvale, Calif. — Jan 20, 2015 — Aerohive Networks ® (NYSE: HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking, and Magnet Systems, Inc., a leading provider of Enterprise Mobile Middleware, today announced an application that delivers an immersive personal shopping experience for both consumers and retailers to help shape and support modern retailing. Using direct integration with Aerohive’s iBeacon and Cloud Wi-Fi, Aerohive’s Endless Aisle app, powered by Magnet, assumes the logos, look and feel of the specific retailer location and then offers tools for customers to utilize highly contextual product insights, QR scanning, inventory checks, assistance requests and location-based notifications.
- The in-store shopping experience today goes beyond the physical walls of the traditional brick-and-mortar retailer. Customers expect VIP treatment from their favorite brands. In turn, retailers are looking for ways to enable the most efficient, interactive and inclusive solution to offer those services through inventory search and in-store promotions by deploying a truly integrated personal shopping experience, all while using Wi-Fi and iBeacon technology. And retailers would like to do all of this without being required to develop their own dedicated loyalty app.
- Aerohive worked with Magnet’s Enterprise Mobile Middleware to create Aerohive’s first retail mobile app that provides a powerful reference for retailers to engage immediately and provide this assistive and personalized shopping experience for customers.
- The Endless Aisle reference app leverages iBeacon technology, Aerohive’s Wi-Fi infrastructure, and Magnet’s Mobile Solutions to enable retailers to engage customers with information and insights about products both physically and virtually, simultaneously. Endless Aisle also reflects the logo and inventory of the store where the customer is located, allowing retailers to tailor an endless aisle experience.
- Built on Aerohive’s award-winning cloud architecture, Aerohive’s Personalized Engagement ecosystem allows retailers fast and robust infrastructure deployment and delivers rich network and client analytics for gaining insight into network and app usage. Retailers can now easily iterate to get the incremental opt-in experience that is specific to their demographic, market and location, triggering optimized loyalty and contextually aware customer experiences.
- In addition, the Endless Aisle app has built-in options to request sales assistance from an associate, QR code scanning capabilities, inventory checking and offers the option to buy through the online store if an item is not available in the physical environment.
- Endless Aisle also allows retail associates to have a view of in-store customer requests, enabled by iBeacon, to see where help may be needed with the highest concentration of customers. Additionally, retailers can locate where a customer has requested assistance via the app and provide help as needed based on time of request.
- The Aerohive Endless Aisle app is simple to download, easy to use and available on iOS devices. Retailers can work with the Magnet Enterprise Mobile Middleware team to integrate Endless Aisle with CRM, Inventory and POS retail systems. These tools enable each customer and retailer an expanded and personalized shopping experience to modern retailing.
- Aerohive’s Endless Aisle Mobile App, powered by Magnet, is available today for free to all current Aerohive customers.
“Magnet is thrilled to help enable Aerohive’s Endless Aisle reference application,” said Geoff Galat, chief marketing officer, Magnet Systems. “We are passionate about enabling organizations to develop, deploy and distribute enterprise-grade mobile apps. The highly contextual experience and personalized options offered by Endless Aisle are a testament to our partnership with Aerohive, which improves the shopping experience and service for retailers and their customers.”
“Today’s retailing environment is about offering a customized and seamless shopping experience for customers,” said Bill Hoppin, vice president of business development, Aerohive. “Working with Magnet’s Enterprise Application Middleware, we were able to develop Endless Aisle in a matter of weeks. This app integrates with Wi-Fi and iBeacon technology to enable retailers to give customers in-store access to all inventory, QR scanning and assistance requests right at their customers’ fingertips, a perfect example of the modern retailer of today.”
About Magnet Systems, Inc
Magnet Systems helps mobilize the enterprise with a scalable Enterprise Mobile Middleware product suite that allows your team to develop, deploy and distribute enterprise-grade Mobile apps with the least amount of disruption.
Magnet’s extensible infrastructure enables advanced Mobile experiences, accelerates time to market and drives developer productivity. B2E, B2C and B2B Mobile apps built using Magnet’s Mobile App Builder, Mobile Server and Branded App Store products are TRUE enterprise-grade. They are context sensitive, reliable, and secure in a standardized development framework. Please find us at www.magnet.com
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 17,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive’s proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive,” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.