Aerohive Joins Forces With Passforce to Power New HivePass App, Further Enhancing Loyalty and Customer Engagement for Retailers
Sunnyvale, Calif. — Jan 20, 2015 — Aerohive Networks ® (NYSE: HIVE), a leader in Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking, today announced that it has partnered with Passforce, a scalable platform for mass deployment of Passbook apps, to exclusively enable and power its new HivePass™ app to deliver personalized loyalty experiences for today’s retailers. A part of Aerohive’s Personalized Engagement ecosystem, HivePass unlocks the potential of native apps in iOS Passbook and similar Android apps, such as PassWallet, via an exclusive integration with Aerohive Wi-Fi and iBeacon technology to enhance and optimize the retail experience for consumers and modern retailing.
- Retailers today are looking for ways to continually personalize the modern shopping experience, shaping how customers buy, while also optimizing consumer engagement and repeat business. As a result, traditional coupons, special deals and other exclusive offers are turning to mobile devices as their delivery method.
- Built on Aerohive’s award-winning cloud architecture, Aerohive’s Personalized Engagement Platform allows retailers quick infrastructure deployment, and delivers rich network and client analytics for gaining insight into network and app usage. Retailers can now easily iterate to get the incremental opt-in experience that is specific to their demographic, market and location, triggering optimized loyalty and contextually-aware customer experiences.
- Aerohive’s exclusive partnership with Passforce helps power HivePass to leverage the Passbook app that is built into every iOS device and similar Android apps such as PassWallet to deliver a personalized loyalty app experience without the need to develop or download a dedicated app.
- HivePass engages a customer by installing a Passbook pass as part of the Wi-Fi access experience. The pass can then provide a coupon, loyalty card or other shopper benefit, opening up a line of communication between the retailer and the customer.
- As a result, with Aerohive’s HivePass app, retailers can immediately start notifying customers of special discounts, recognize repeat shoppers or even increment loyalty points. Enabled by the unique integration of HivePass and HiveManager® cloud platforms with Aerohive Wi-Fi and iBeacon infrastructure, retailers can easily create, modify and optimize passes that deliver the desired experience without the effort and expense of developing a custom loyalty app. Retailers can quickly get engagement “right” for the specific needs of their business, customers, and locations.
Pricing and Availability
- HivePass, enabled by Passforce, is currently available today at no cost to new and existing Aerohive customers for trial and limited production.
“Passforce is excited to exclusively enable HivePass for Aerohive,” said Trung Nguyen, co-founder, Passforce. “Our teams share a common vision of Wi-Fi and iBeacon integration with loyalty apps as the future of retail, and the HivePass platform delivers that today.”
“Passforce is the best at what they do,” said Bill Hoppin, vice president of business development, Aerohive. “Aerohive is thrilled that our HivePass app is powered by the innovative Passforce technology and is excited that together we are delivering unique experiences to retailers by enabling them to become more in tune with their customers and better optimized for their businesses.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 17,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive’s proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks and “HivePass” is a trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.