American Red Cross, City of Cape Coral, GA Telesis and Zerto to Participate in Hurricane Preparedness Panel Discussion
Leading Humanitarian, Government, Airline and IT Experts to Share Insights on Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Best Practices to Minimize Datacenter Disruptions
Boston, MA – June 30, 2015 – Zerto, setting the standard for disaster recovery in virtualized and cloud environments, today announced the American Red Cross, City of Cape Coral, GA Telesis, and Zerto will participate in a hurricane preparedness panel discussion. Leading humanitarian, government, airline, and IT experts will share their insights and experiences on business continuity and disaster recovery (BC/DR) best practices to minimize datacenter disruptions.
Research shows the impact of hurricanes is becoming widespread and more costly reaching well into the tens of billions of dollars per storm due to lost productivity and storm damages, and putting more organizations at risk from not having a comprehensive BC/DR strategy to quickly and seamlessly resume mission-critical operations.
Panelists will include:
- Marc Fernandez, IT Manager, American Red Cross – Marc has more than 19 years’ experience with IT and 25+ years working in non-profit organizations. Marc will address all facets of preparedness during a hurricane to help support ongoing humanitarian efforts and resume normal business operations more quickly.
- Darryl Maraj, VP of Global Technology Solutions, GA Telesis– As a leader in commercial aerospace services, GA Telesis uses Zerto to automate its DR processes to reduce outages. Commercial aircraft carriers depend on GA Telesis to deliver parts and services at a minute’s notice when their aircrafts are grounded, so not being able to respond creates trickle down flight delays and loss in revenue. Darryl will discuss how GA Telesis is prepared for hurricane season to keep its customers’ planes in the air and profitable.
- Fidel Deforte, ICT Manager, City of Cape Coral – Cape Coral’s infrastructure supports critical operations across the city, and uses an ERP system to support all city departments. The city uses Zerto to automatically protect that ERP application, as well as test new applications before putting them into production. Zerto keeps the city running regardless of weather conditions, while also meeting important audit requirements. Fidel will discuss the importance of automating DR processes to help ensure the municipality is safe.
The panel discussion will be take place July 14 at 1 pm (EDT). Register here.
Marc Fernandez, IT Manager, American Red Cross
“No one can control the impact and variability hurricane season can have from one year to the next. This makes it critically important to prepare for any scenario that can impact an organization, which has a heavy reliance on their datacenters to be fully recoverable and operational. By planning for the unexpected and taking the necessary precautions, enterprises can put themselves in the best position to resume normal business operations.”
Paul Zeiter, President, Zerto
“While the hurricane season creates a lot of anxiety for many organizations, the start of the 2015 season presents an opportune time to mitigate risks by ensuring critical applications and systems stay operational using best practices and tools. With increasing demands being put on organizations such as financial services and healthcare to protect and quickly recover their data after experiencing storm damage, the harm from not meeting regulatory compliance requirements is highly detrimental. As such we’ve gathered these leading organizations to share their perspectives and how they use a comprehensive BC/DR software package to ensure any IT impact from hurricane fallout or other natural disasters can be easily and quickly mitigated.”
- Register for Hurricane Preparedness Webinar
- Download Free Hurricane Preparedness BC/DR Planning Toolkit
Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual Replication, has become the standard for protection, recovery and migration of applications in cloud and virtualized datacenters, and won numerous awards, including Best of Show at VMworld 2011, Best of VMworld Europe 2014, as well as 2011, 2012 and 2013 Product of the Year Awards for its innovative hypervisor-based replication approach. For more information, go to www.zerto.com.