Artisan Infrastructure Introduces Neverfail HybriStor Data Protection Virtual Appliance with Up to 100TB of Free Managed Capacity
Backup and Archive Target Features Patent-Pending Deduplication, Vendor Agnostic Interoperability, and Object Storage Support
AUSTIN, TX – February 9, 2016 – Artisan Infrastructure, the leading innovator of cloud infrastructure, cloud management and business continuity solutions, today introduced Neverfail® HybriStor™ data protection appliances through channel partners. The new solution addresses the capacity, performance, and interoperability limitations of competitive products with nearly unlimited capacity expansion, scalable performance, instant local/remote recovery, and a multi-vendor architecture. This vendor agnostic approach uses open standards for connecting to most backup and archive applications using an NFS or CIFS mount. The high performance and cloud-scale product also delivers AES 256-Bit encryption for data security in-flight to meet the most demanding compliance requirements.
“Worldwide purpose-built backup appliance (PBBA) factory revenues grew 2.2% year over year totaling $813.6 million in the third quarter of 2015 (3Q15),” according to the International Data Corporation (IDC ) Worldwide Quarterly Purpose-Built Backup Appliance Tracker . “Total PBBA open systems factory revenue grew 3.8% year over year in 3Q15 with revenues totaling $742.4 million while the mainframe market experienced a decline of -12.3% for the same period. Total worldwide PBBA capacity shipped for 3Q15 was just shy of 831 petabytes, an increase of 22.4% year over year.”
HybriStor is a next generation data protection solution with PBBA capabilities that meets the most rigorous data recovery requirements of businesses for recovery point objectives (RPOs) and rapid recovery time objectives (RTOs). With nearly unlimited scalability, the solution provides an answer to the problem of explosive data growth which has slowed legacy solutions to a crawl and restricted backup and archive windows for many organizations.
- Smaller backup and archive windows, improved recovery times and reduced storage consumption – Offers up to 95% reduced storage data transmission and consumption by deduplicating and compressing data before storing to disk. The result is high performance, low memory demands, and massive improvements in storage efficiency.
- Improved WAN performance – Reduces WAN consumption by transmitting only globally unique and compressed data over the wire that alleviates the effects of latency, maximizes bandwidth utilization and relieves network congestion.
- Instant data recovery – InstaCache™ technologies enable automatic data retrieval from cost-efficient deduped storage to high performance SSD storage for local and remote instant data recovery.
- OpenStack Swift object storage support – Provides a NAS interface and works as a gateway to local OpenStack Swift object storage. Performance can scale-up and capacity can scale-out with deployment of additional object storage nodes.
- Secure transmission of data – Incorporates advanced, military-grade AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission of data in-flight.
- Consistent, familiar, intuitive management – Web UI supports mobile device access and delivers the same user experience across all of them.
- Industry-standard management interfaces for maximum interoperability – REST APIs enable easy integration with 3rd party management tools. NAS interface with AD/LDAP support provides simple interoperability and centralized user management. Eliminates vendor lock-in with support for most data protection software solutions that use an NFS or CIFS mount.
The HybriStor appliance can be connected locally to direct-attached storage (DAS) or object storage, providing unprecedented RPO and RTO performance. The option to connect to object storage provides significant cost reductions compared to traditional disk or tape, enormous scalability for massive data vaults, and long-term data retention for more reliable recovery.
“The Neverfail HybriStor appliance fills a critical gap in many service provider offerings, allowing them to onboard customers that want to use the cloud but do not want to replace their current data protection software,” said George Crump, principal analyst, Storage Switzerland. “Artisan Infrastructure has tailor made the solution for customers that demand performance and efficiency. Its flexible design allows users to leverage their existing backup software investment and choose the hardware platform that best meets their performance, redundancy, and capacity needs.”
“With the Artisan Neverfail HybriStor deduplication system in place, we not only reduced our backup and replication times, but also maximized our storage and bandwidth efficiency,” said Eric Chen, CEO, ProphetStor Data Services, Inc. “We’re also more confident than ever before in our backup and recovery process.”
“HybriStor takes performance, capacity, and ease-of-use to the next level, delivering an industry-leading secondary storage solution that rivals any in the industry,” said Chin Kuo, SVP of Continuity Solutions, Artisan Infrastructure. “The solution overcomes one of the biggest obstacles in object storage — performance. By removing this barrier, HybriStor is set to become the new standard in backup and archive storage at a price point that is equally compelling.”
Pricing and Availability
The Neverfail HybriStor data protection virtual appliance provides customers with up to 100TB of free managed capacity, with an assumed deduplication ratio of 10 to 1 and up to 10TB managed capacity per node. More details can be found at www.artisaninfrastructure.com/hybristor
To learn more about Neverfail HybriStor Data Protection Virtual Appliances, visit www.artisaninfrastructure.com/hybristor
About Artisan Infrastructure
Artisan Infrastructure is the leading innovator of cloud infrastructure, cloud management and business continuity solutions that enable solution providers and enterprises to migrate, manage and deliver continuously available cloud applications at the speed of business. Artisan serves managed service providers, global systems integrators, communications providers, telco’s, data centers, independent software vendors and enterprises exclusively through the channel. The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in Chicago, New York, Denver, Kansas City, Portland, Edinburgh, Scotland and Cluj, Romania. Artisan operates data centers in the United States and Europe. For more information on Artisan Infrastructure’s Cloud Architect™, Neverfail™ and Cornerstone™ solutions, contact the company at 512-600-4300, or http://www.artisaninfrastructure.com. Follow Artisan Infrastructure on Twitter at twitter.com/ArtisanInf
Contacts: Joe Austin The Ventana Group (512) 531-9119 firstname.lastname@example.org