Asigra Announces Enterprise Cloud Backup Video Series
Videos Highlight Unique Capabilities and Benefits over Traditional Backup for Service Providers/End-Users
TORONTO – September 10, 2014 – Asigra Inc., a leading cloud backup, recovery and restore software provider since 1986 today announced a new educational video series on the benefits and advantages of cloud backup for the enterprise. The videos highlight cloud backup service providers, industry experts and end-users, introducing a number of topics ranging from the business of service delivery to the customer experience.
The new video series includes a broad spectrum of interviews between cloud backup service providers, industry analysts, backup and recovery experts and customers who share their experiences with cloud-based data recovery in IT environments serving one thousand or more employees. Video topics include cloud backup pricing models, technology overviews, service provider insights, analyst commentaries, deployment strategies and expectations. Each video was developed with the enterprise in mind as a greater number of large organizations move toward the adoption of cloud-based data recovery to address end-to-end data protection needs.
According to IDC, “The amount of data in the digital universe is expected to grow by a factor of 50 over the next decade. As data continues to grow and be created and consumed on different devices, backup is becoming more vital and critical to companies as they try to find ways to protect all of this data. The demand for cloud services continues to increase to cope with this growth, and many service providers are expanding their portfolio of cloud service offerings – across private and public cloud offerings and from SaaS to IaaS capabilities.”
Video titles in this series include:
- Customer Insights – Recovery is Everything: Agile Manufacturing
- Customer Insights – Recovery is Everything: Xchange Technology Group
- Service Provider Perspectives: Interview: Stacy Hayes, Virtustream: How Enterprises Might Spend Their New Found Cloud Backup Savings
- Service Provider Perspectives: Interview with Russell Ridgley, Pulsant
- Service Provider Perspectives: Interview with Rob Davies, Pulsant
- Service Provider Perspectives: Interview with Craig Cook, Long View Systems
- Service Provider Perspectives: Interview with Brent Reichow, BlueShift Data Protection
- Service Provider Perspectives: Interview with Matthew Grosso, Data Storage Corporation: Security and Cloud Backup
- Service Provider Perspectives: Interview with Mike Osbourne, Phoenix IT Services: How Recovery Based Pricing Lowers Operational Costs
- Technology Overview: Cloud-to-Cloud Backup and Recovery
- Technology Overview: The Future of Backup
- Technology Overview: Mobile Device Backup and Recovery
Asigra Cloud Backup™ is the industry’s leading cloud-based data recovery software with an installed base of over one million deployments worldwide. The software is built for efficient operation and easily integrates with public, private, and hybrid cloud architectures. Asigra’s agentless multi-tenant software architecture provides for simple deployment and hands-free management while providing advanced features that include global de-duplication, automated mass deployment, autonomic healing, and validation restore capabilities. The software maintains the most complete set of capabilities in the industry with enterprises highlighting the following:
- Support for physical, virtual and cloud environments
- Non-intrusive and easy to manage agentless architecture
- High-performance local and remote backup and recovery
- Long-term data recoverability to meet compliance mandates
- NIST FIPS 140-2 certified security with AES-256 encryption in-flight and at-rest for compliance readiness
“When considering a move from legacy backup platforms to cloud backup the insights provided by industry experts and users adds clarity to the decision making process,” said Tracy Staniland, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Asigra. “The Asigra video series offers different perspectives from authorities who are either selling, analyzing or using cloud backup that potential customers might not have at their disposal. We invite anyone interested in this area to learn more through this medium.”
The Asigra educational video series includes videos that focus on the issues most important for selecting cloud backup solutions. To explore the full catalog of Asigra videos please visit: https://www.youtube.com/user/AsigraVideos
To learn more about Asigra, visit: www.asigra.com
Follow Asigra on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/asigra
View Asigra Video – The Universal Language of Data Protection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O5Wpi_hy2U
Trusted since 1986, Asigra provides organizations around the world the ability to recover their data now from anywhere through a global network of partners who deliver cloud backup and recovery services as public, private and/or hybrid deployments. As the industry’s first enterprise-class agentless cloud-based recovery software to provide data backup and recovery of servers, virtual machines, endpoint devices, databases and applications, SaaS and IaaS based applications, Asigra lowers the total cost of ownership, reduces recovery time objectives, eliminates silos of backup data by providing a single consolidated repository, and provides 100% recovery assurance. Asigra’s revolutionary patent-pending Recovery License Model provides organizations with a cost effective data recovery business model unlike any other offered in the storage market. Asigra has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor and has been included in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Software since 2010. More information on Asigra can be found at www.asigra.com.
Asigra and the Asigra logo are trademarks of Asigra Inc. All other brand and product names are, or may be, trademarks of their respective owners.