Asigra Forecasts Data Protection Convergence for 2016 as Data Volumes Maintain Upward Trajectory
Evolution of Backup Infrastructure Driven by Growth in Mobile Devices and Cloud
TORONTO – December 16, 2015 – Asigra Inc., a leading cloud backup, recovery and restore software provider since 1986, today announced its forecast for data protection in 2016. Influenced by several factors, the company’s perspective for the next 12 months is that organizations will continue the consolidation of data protection to reduce complexity and control expenses related to rising data volumes. The result will be greater demand for highly scalable, centralized solutions with technologies that reduce capital and operational costs.
According to MarketsandMarkets the global storage software market is forecast to grow from $15.11 billion in 2014 to $23.33 billion by 2019, at a CAGR of 9.1% during the forecast period. Fast growing data storage volumes, particularly unstructured data, is expected to be a major driver for the increasing demand of storage solutions. Further driving adoption is the significant and growing demand for storage virtualization. In light of the influx of data and its impact on organizations, Asigra has identified the drivers it expects will be impacted by data growth, resulting in significant adoption of converged data protection solutions and services in 2016.
- Diversification of data creation and storage across computing platforms: Organizations today are continuing their expansion into cloud-based systems, mobile computing platforms (including tablets and smartphones), virtualized infrastructure, SaaS-based applications, and infrastructure as a service (IaaS). Data being generated and stored in these applications and on these platforms is more commonly considered valuable to the organization and must be protected. The diversity of these platforms calls for data recovery solutions capable of centralizing the backup and recovery of data regardless of where it resides.
- Increasing need to strengthen disaster recovery capabilities: As environmental and political circumstances change, the risk of data loss becomes a legitimate concern. Regulations calling for greater redundancies in the protection of data now require many regions to store duplicate copies of data offsite to ensure access in the event of a site failure. Furthermore, the threat of floods, fire, major storms and other external forces cast a shadow over IT resiliency that can only be safeguarded by implementing a proper DR strategy that maintains central oversight.
- Inclusion of emerging IT platforms such as Docker Containers into existing data recovery infrastructure: While server virtualization has seen enormous uptake over the years, new IT platforms such as Docker Containers are creating new possibilities and new repositories of data that must be accounted for in the organizational data recovery plan. The right converged data protection platform will be future proof in that it will also provide avenues for protecting hybrid IT environments that utilize cloud infrastructure from Amazon and others.
- Shorter recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs) for mission critical environments: IT professionals under pressure to maintain business continuity are increasingly working to meet more stringent RTOs and RPOs for mission critical systems such as databases, email, and business-specific data. Converged data protection solutions allow for the incorporation of higher performance recovery within existing data recovery infrastructure to centralize and reduce management complexity.
- Performance-oriented pricing: As data volumes grow exponentially, backup and recovery becomes increasingly expensive. The problem is that organizations typically pay based on how much data is backed up so as volumes grow, so does the price. 2016 will see increasing adoption of alternative pricing models such as recovery performance-based pricing where there is greater control over costs even as data volumes rise.
“The degree to which organizations are expanding their data generation and storage platforms is putting greater pressure on vendors to keep up with its expansion,” said Jesse Maldonado, Director of Cloud Computing Services, Centre Technologies. “Instead of the headache of managing a cocktail of point solutions for the recovery of data in physical, virtual, cloud, SaaS and mobile computing environments, converged data recovery solutions and services simplify the entire process and help to better manage the chaos, returning hundreds of hours of valuable time to IT departments annually.”
“Propelled by cloud and mobile, the growing IT landscape is pushing data volumes to new heights. As a result, 2016 will be an exciting year for those who understand the challenges that data growth and IT diversity is presenting,” said Eran Farajun, Executive Vice President, Asigra. “By tapping customer and partner insights, we have seen the writing on the wall and have determined that the convergence of data protection will become a must-have going forward.
Read the Asigra Cloud Backup Product Reviews: https://www.g2crowd.com/products/asigra-cloud-backup/reviews?utm_campaign=widget_embed&utm_medium=riblet&utm_source=Asigra+Cloud+Backup
Users Name Asigra as Top Enterprise Backup Solution – Storage Magazine:
To learn more about Asigra, visit: www.asigra.com
Follow Asigra on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/asigra
Trusted since 1986, Asigra provides organizations around the world the ability to recover their data now from anywhere through a global network of partners who deliver cloud backup and recovery services as public, private and/or hybrid deployments. As the industry’s first enterprise-class agentless cloud-based recovery software to provide data backup and recovery of servers, virtual machines, endpoint devices, databases and applications, SaaS and IaaS based applications, Asigra lowers the total cost of ownership, reduces recovery time objectives, eliminates silos of backup data by providing a single consolidated repository, and provides 100% recovery assurance. Asigra’s revolutionary patent-pending Recovery License Model provides organizations with a cost effective data recovery business model unlike any other offered in the storage market. Asigra has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor and has been included in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Software since 2010. In 2014, Asigra Cloud Backup was also named the Top Enterprise Backup Solution and Product of the Year by Storage Magazine. More information on Asigra can be found at www.asigra.com.
Asigra and the Asigra logo are trademarks of Asigra Inc. All other brand and product names are, or may be, trademarks of their respective owners.
Agency Contact: Joe Austin The Ventana Group (818) 332-6166 email@example.com