BeyondTrust Experiences Record Growth, Significant Increase in New Customers During Fiscal Year 2015
BeyondTrust Extends Leadership Position through Record Growth in New and Existing Customer Implementations of Password Solution
PHOENIX, February 4, 2016 – BeyondTrust, the leading cyber security company dedicated to preventing privilege misuse and stopping unauthorized access, today announced record growth in 2015 with a significant revenue increase, hundreds of new customers, and strong profit margins. With 40 percent overall growth in its Privileged Access Management solutions, led by 400 percent growth with its PowerBroker Password Safe product, the company extended its leadership position with the most comprehensive privileged access management (PAM) solution available today.
BeyondTrust welcomed over 450 new customers, and more than 700 existing customers expanded their BeyondTrust product licenses over the last year. The company hired well over 100 employees in 2015 to keep pace with market demands, and will continue investing in staff and resources in 2016.
In 2015, BeyondTrust helped organizations such as Miami International Holdings, the City of Memphis, University of California San Diego, GCI and Columbia Bank reduce insider risk and close external security gaps. These organizations join hundreds more, including Accenture, Auburn University, BMC Software, FSC, RWE Supply and Trading, and VCU Health System, who have invested in BeyondTrust to help protect their organizations.
Customers are seeing real, tangible benefits from using BeyondTrust solutions:
“BeyondTrust PowerBroker has enabled us to eliminate local admin rights to workstations and servers which has resulted in lower support calls and reduced risk to our environment.” – Loucas Parikos, IT Security Architect, RWE Supply & Trading
“BeyondTrust Retina has made our security lives pretty comfortable as it’s a one-stop solution for us; we scan, detect and patch vulnerabilities effortlessly. Kudos to BeyondTrust Retina.” – Saurabh Verma, Security Officer, BMC
“Given the types of attacks faced by organizations in 2015, we are seeing very strong demand for solutions that offer a truly integrated approach to reducing insider risk and external threats,” said Kevin Hickey, President and CEO, BeyondTrust. “Today’s security and IT teams demand the efficiency of a single solution encompassing all the critical components of privileged access management, rather than a patchwork of cobbled-together products or modules. BeyondTrust seamlessly unifies best-of-breed solutions for enterprise password management, server and endpoint privilege management, and vulnerability management with an unmatched reporting and analytics platform. That is what led to our explosive growth in 2015, and we look forward to accelerating our leadership position this year.”
Continued Solution Innovation
Over the last year, BeyondTrust customers benefited from significant advancements in their privileged access management and vulnerability management solutions. For instance, the company enhanced its PowerBroker Privilege Access Management solution with the ability to create an integrated least-privilege experience for IT staff and end users.
- In May, the company enhanced BeyondInsight, its industry-leading reporting and analytics platform that unifies information from its privileged access management and vulnerability management solutions with powerful malware analysis and behavioral analytics to isolate risky activity and identify potential security breaches. In addition to filing multiple related patents, BeyondTrust extended its analytics capabilities to include data from valued partners including Palo Alto Networks and ServiceNow.
- With the release of PowerBroker for Mac and PowerBroker for Sudo, BeyondTrust further demonstrated innovation and leadership, and is the first vendor to offer flexible and affordable least-privilege solutions across all major platforms: Unix, Linux, Windows, and Apple OS X.
- In 2015, BeyondTrust released powerful patent-pending integrations that fuse Enterprise Password Management and Privilege Delegation to address the inefficient and insecure use of “run as administrator” functionality to access applications and manage remote Windows assets.
- The company continued to drive value across its platform by streamlining the deployment process and managing privileged access management and vulnerability management through next-generation appliances.
- BeyondTrust also extended third-party scanner support in Retina to include McAfee Vulnerability Manager (MVM), which announced end of life (EOL) in late 2015. In addition to consuming the MVM scan data to provide advanced vulnerability management, reporting and threat analytics, the BeyondTrust solution now offers a low-risk migration path for existing McAfee customers looking to move away from the legacy solution.
BeyondTrust achieved multiple industry accolades in 2015.
- In December 2015, for the second year in a row, the company’s Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management solution was nominated as a finalist in the “Best Vulnerability Management Solution” category of the 2016 SC Magazine Awards.
- Earlier in the fall, BeyondTrust’s PowerBroker for Unix & Linux was recognized at the Government Security News’ Homeland Security Awards and Retina CS earned Frost & Sullivan’s Enabling Technology Leadership Award.
- BeyondTrust’s PowerBroker for Windows v6.7 was awarded a silver medal in the “Identity Management” category for the 2015 Info Security Global Excellence Awards.
- The company’s Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management solution was named a bronze winner in the “Vulnerability Assessment, Remediation and Management” category for the 2015 Info Security Global Excellence Awards.
- The company’s PowerBroker for Windows was selected as a winner by the 2015 Cyber Defense Magazine Awards Program in the category of “Most Innovative Identity and Access Management Solution.”
- Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management was named a finalist in the “Best Vulnerability Management Solution” category of the 2015 SC Awards. Retina CS was recognized as a top product in the Reader Trust Award competition, which honors best-in-class security products and services as selected by a panel of readers who represent the larger readership of SC Magazine.
- Chief Financial Officer Bryce Hancock was named a 2015 “CFO of the Year” by the Arizona Chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI). Additionally, in late October, Hancock was named as one of the 2015 “Outstanding CFOs” by the Phoenix Business Journal. Hancock was recognized for his exceptional leadership abilities and long track record of financial success.
BeyondTrust is a global cyber security software company that helps organizations prevent cyber attacks and unauthorized data access due to privilege abuse. Our solutions give you the visibility to confidently reduce risks and the control to take proactive, informed action against data breach threats. And because threats can come from anywhere, we built a platform that unifies the most effective technologies for addressing both internal and external risk: Privileged Access Management and Vulnerability Management. Our solutions grow with your needs, making sure you maintain control no matter where your company goes. BeyondTrust’s security solutions are trusted by over 4,000 customers worldwide, including half of the Fortune 100. To learn more about BeyondTrust, please visit www.beyondtrust.com.
The Message Machine for BeyondTrust in EMEA
P: 07887 682943