Blue Box Private Cloud as a Service Now Available on Equinix Cloud Exchange
Private Cloud provider turns to Equinix to simplify on-boarding process for customers, while providing interconnectivity to major public clouds
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — August 5, 2014 — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Blue Box Group will provide its Blue Box Private Cloud as a Service (PCaaS) on the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ initially in Equinix’s Seattle SE3 International Business Exchange (IBX®) data center. As an alternative to the multi-tenant public cloud, Blue Box will now offer its dedicated fully-managed and on-demand solution, Blue Box Cloud, to enterprise customers via the Equinix Cloud Exchange, which delivers heightened performance and security.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution designed to accelerate cloud adoption and performance, enabling seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple clouds and networks across the globe.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange accelerates provisioning time, eases management, and opens up broader possibilities for multi-cloud deployments for Blue Box customers.
- Blue Box Cloud deployments are managed by the company’s proprietary management suite, providing reliable deployment, monitoring, inventory management, metering and billing, CRM and support.
- Blue Box Cloud is powered by OpenStack and delivered on dedicated, bare-metal hardware.
- A customer since early 2013, Blue Box has expanded its presence from Equinix’s Seattle SE3 data center to also include presence in Equinix’s Zurich ZH4 data center. Initially, Blue Box customers will be able to access the Equinix Cloud Exchange via the Seattle SE3 data center, with plans to expand to Zurich in the future.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is currently available in 17 markets globally – Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Silicon Valley, Washington D.C., New York, Toronto, Seattle, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, London, Paris, Amsterdam and Frankfurt – with plans to expand to 19 markets by the end of 2014.
Jim Poole, vice president, global service providers, Equinix:
“By joining the Equinix Cloud Exchange, Blue Box is able to solve the business challenges of enterprise customers that want fully-managed resources as part of a hybrid cloud solution – with the ability to interconnect to multiple cloud providers. Increasingly, cloud providers, such as Blue Box, are recognizing the many benefits associated with Cloud Exchange, including high-performance, security, reliability and access to an expanding ecosystem of network service providers and enterprises.”
Ken Cavallon, vice president, partners, Blue Box:
“Equinix is well known for delivering exceptional data center reliability and performance. Cloud Exchange takes this one step further by providing interconnects to the cloud environments enterprise customers trust. Partnering with Equinix on the Cloud Exchange lets us provide customers a seamless move to Blue Box Cloud’s PCaaS infrastructure with fast interconnects to their existing Equinix assets and other major public clouds.”
- Equinix Cloud Exchange brings New Level of Interconnection and Potential to the Cloud [blog]
- Equinix to Make Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute Available through Data Centers in 16 Markets Globally [press release]
- Equinix Introduces Solution Validation Centers Available in Eight Data Centers Globally [press release]
- Equinix Opens Second Seattle Data Center [press release]
About Blue Box
Blue Box, a Seattle-based cloud technology company, delivers agile cloud resources to nearly 600 customers worldwide. The company’s Blue Box Cloud provides customers with Private Cloud as a Service (PCaaS): a managed private cloud powered by OpenStack, delivered on easily scalable dedicated hardware that ensures performance and security, while meeting strict data sovereignty requirements.
About Equinix Cloud Exchange
The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple clouds, across multiple networks around the globe. By combining the automated interconnection of cloud, network and managed service providers with advanced service orchestration for the first time, the Equinix Cloud Exchange provides enterprises with simple, scalable, direct access to the multiple cloud services they need to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions. This removes the security, performance and vendor lock-in concerns holding many organizations back from fully adopting and reaping the benefits of cloud services. For more information on the Equinix Cloud Exchange, please visit http://www.equinix.com/solutions/by-services/interconnection/exchanges/equinix-cloud-exchange/.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. http://www.equinix.com
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.