blur’s Focus on Enterprise* Buyers and Service Providers gathers momentum in H1 2015
July 21, 2015 – blur Group, the world’s leading Enterprise Services Platform and Marketplace, has continued to attract new Enterprise Buyers and Service Providers throughout H1 2015.
The Group has seen a 30% increase in Buyers and Service Providers at the end of H1 2015 to 65,000 (50,000 at the end of 2014). Projects listed, from Enterprise buyers, also increased by 20% in 2015 compared to 2014.
During Q2 2015, blur’s continued Enterprise focus resulted in the following:
- Growth in Enterprise Buyers using blur’s Platform:
- Unilever, Home Retail Group, and the University of Greenwich were amongst a number of new customers who started to adopt the Enterprise Services Platform.
- Existing Enterprise customers, which included Danone and Solvay returned to the marketplace; contributing to a 75% increase in the proportion of repeat projects listed in H1 2015 on 2014.
- Projects from these customers focused on market research, recruitment and e-learning, marketing solutions, and an online ordering platform.
- Enterprise Service Providers join blur’s Marketplace:
- Over 700 new Enterprise Service Providers joined blur’s Platform in Q2 – 10% of all new Service Providers. blur has seen a significant ramp in Enterprise level Service Providers over the last 12 months.
- The leading marketing agency Ogilvy, the USA’s largest employment related law firm Littler Mendelson, a USA cloud contact centre named Five9, and engineering consultancy Mott MacDonald, were amongst those who joined blur’s marketplace.
- The expansion of Premium Services, Subscriptions and Licenses will grow the gross margin
- blur Manage Ultra, blur Advanced Protect, and blur Express gained traction from projects of $10,000+.
- The Enterprise Buyer and Service Provider Subscription Plans (SAAS), enabling organisations to choose the right service level for their business, were pre-launched to blur’s existing Buyers and Service Providers ahead of their full launch on 1st July 2015.
- Q3 sees the launch of blur Data, a unique stand alone subscription based intelligence product developed by blur Group that enables organisations to gain invaluable insight into global business services trends and market pricing information.
Philip Letts, blur Group CEO commented:
“The Platform is attracting more Enterprise level Buyers and Service Providers than before. Whilst our transition to the Enterprise became more evident in 2014, we have seen increasing momentum in H1 2015 in both the USA and Europe. Added to this, with the introduction of our Premium Services in early 2015, the new Buyer and Service Provider subscriptions in Q2, and soon, blur Data in Q3, we are driving up our gross margin. Our Platform is, more than ever, ready to service the business needs of the larger Enterprise organisation. We are focused on our goal of having hundreds of large Enterprise customers broadly adopting the platform serviced by an increasing number of Enterprise suppliers.”
About blur Group plc at blurgroup.com
blur operates the the world’s leading Enterprise Services Platform and Marketplace. To date over 65,000 businesses have used blur to buy or sell services online, including companies like, Tesco, GE, Danone, Daily Mail Group, Argos and PWC submitting over $450m of services requirements to blur’s platform.
blur Group is a public company listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market (BLUR) and is headquartered in the UK with regional sales offices in the US and Europe.
blur Group plc
Tim Allen/Helen Blackmore
Tel: +44 (0) 1392 927 189
Shaun Dobson/Jen Boorer
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7496 3000
Tel: +44 (0) 7768 537 739
*blur Group defines Enterprise customers as medium and large Organisations with 50 or more employees