Day One at IP EXPO Manchester: Paving the way for IT innovation
World-class speakers address thousands at Europe’s number one enterprise IT event series
Manchester, UK – 18 May 2016: IP EXPO Manchester, part of Europe’s number one enterprise IT event series, kicked off today with 112 exhibitors and more than 50 seminar sessions, led by speakers including Dame Stella Rimington, Dr Sue Black OBE, and key figures from IBM Watson, Amazon Web Sevices, and Sendachi. Held at Manchester Central, the first day of the free-to-attend event brought together industry and business leaders to discuss the opportunities and benefits of the latest IT innovations in Big Data, Cloud, DevOps, and Cyber Security.
Commenting on the opening of IP EXPO Manchester, Bradley Maule-ffinch, Director of Strategy for IP EXPO Manchester, said: “It’s fantastic to be returning for our second year of IP EXPO Manchester. Today’s strong turnout and the energy in the room proved that the business of enterprise innovation and technology is an exciting and high-growth area – much like Manchester and the North West region itself. Day Two promises to follow suit, and we look forward to welcoming guests again tomorrow.”
Dame Stella Rimington added: “I was delighted to open IP EXPO Manchester today. This event is a great asset for the tech industry in the region.”
Highlights from Day One at IP EXPO Manchester included:
- A captivating opening keynote from Dame Stella Rimington, Ex Director General of MI5
- Ian Massingham, Technical Evangelist at Amazon for Business, addressing delegates on cloud computing, IT and digital transformation
- A panel discussion on the future of cloud technologies, chaired by technology journalist, Manek Dubash; Marcus Robinson, Technical Evangelist at Microsoft; Matthew Finnie, Chief Technology Officer at Interoute; and Ian Massingham, Technical Evangelist at Amazon Web Services
- A talk from Dr Sue Black OBE, on Saving Bletchley Park
- A panel discussion on developments of the Internet of Things, chaired by Ben Salama, Global Connected Operations Lead, Accenture Mobility; Gabriel Vizzard, Internet of Things UK at IBM; and Ken Munro, Partner at Pen Test Partnership.
Day Two of IP EXPO Manchester tomorrow (Thursday 19 May) promises to be another success for attendees, delivering even more insights and seminars from James Akrigg, Head of Technology for Partners at Microsoft, and other speakers from Nutanix, Fortinet, Sophos, Titan, and Citrix Systems.
Visit IP EXPO Manchester and register upon arrival at Manchester Central to join in. For more information, please visit www.ipexpomanchester.com, or get involved on Twitter following @IPEXPO or the #IPEXPO hashtag.
For more information about IP EXPO Manchester, please contact Alex McDonald and Elli Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org