Day Two at IP EXPO Manchester
Successful close to Europe’s number one enterprise IT event
Manchester, UK – 19 May 2016: IP EXPO Manchester, part of Europe’s number one enterprise IT event series, closed today with 112 exhibitors and more than 35 unique seminar sessions, led by speakers including Microsoft’s Head of Technology for Partners, James Akrigg, and from VMWare, Kaspersky Lab, Sophos and Citrix. Held at Manchester Central, the closing day of the free-to-attend, two day event brought together industry and business leaders from across Europe to discuss the opportunities and benefits of the latest IT innovations in Big Data, Cloud, DevOps, and Cyber Security.
Commenting on Day Two of IP EXPO Manchester, Bradley Maule-ffinch, Director of Strategy for IP EXPO Manchester, said: “We saw a fantastic delegate turnout across the two days, and welcomed guests who travelled from far and wide to hear from our line-up of speakers and join us here today. A wealth of insight was shared, content that will be invaluable to business owners. IP EXPO Manchester 2016 has proved as a tremendous success. We look forward to returning to the city again next year.”
Highlights from Day Two at IP EXPO Manchester included:
- An insightful opening keynote speech from James Akrigg, Head of Technology for Partners at Microsoft, on modern working in 2016
- A discussion between Jen Forster, IT Senior Advisor Group IT at Fitness First, and Paul Phillips, Vice President of Western Europe at Nutanix, on embracing the enterprise cloud
- A talk led by Patrick Grillo, Senior Director Solutions Marketing at Fortinet, on the importance of understanding modern data breaches to protect business operations
- A panel discussion on the future of cyber security, chaired by Dr Daniel Dresner, Lecturer at The University of Manchester; Christopher Boyd, Malware Intelligence Analyst at Malwarebytes; Lee Barney, Head of Information Security at Marks & Spencer; and Paul Ducklin, Senior Technologist at Sophos
- Strategies and practices for tackling cybercrime in the north west of England, from Detective Superintendent Geraint Jones, Regional Lead for Cyber Crime at Titan
- David Emm, Senior Security Researcher at Kaspersky Lab’s Global Research and Analysis Team, asked guests to consider if their business could survive a ransomware attack, sharing insights and advice on how to do so.
Next up in the series will be IP EXPO Europe, which takes place on 5-6 October 2016 at ExCel, London. For more information, please www.ipexpo.co.uk , or get involved on Twitter following @IPEXPO or the #IPEXPO hashtag.
For more information about IP EXPO Manchester, please contact Alex McDonald and Elli Lynch at email@example.com