Expanded AVG CloudCare™ service module integrates Online Backup within AVG Managed Workplace
Further integration of AVG CloudCare with AVG Managed Workplace underlines commitment to making MSPs’ lives as uncomplicated as possible
AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization solutions to 172 million active users, today announced the immediate availability of an enhanced service module that now integrates AVG CloudCare™ Online Backup (OLB) within the AVG Managed Workplace® remote monitoring & management (RMM) tool for managed services providers (MSPs).
The new expanded AVG CloudCare Managed Workplace service module gives MSPs the ability to remotely monitor their customers’ online backup procedures from within a single dashboard and proactively intercede where protection is missing or inadequate. In consequence, partners are able to manage a broader range of IT services through the same, single pane of glass and ensure more of their systems are fully protected than ever before.
Features and benefits for MSPs of the new integrated AVG CloudCare Online Backup service module within AVG Managed Workplace include:
· Consolidated monitoring & management of AVG CloudCare Online Backup status, alerts and reports from multiple customer accounts through a single pane of glass
· Easy provision of ultra-secure encrypted protection for customers’ data against hardware failure, loss or theft
· Automatic detection of AVG CloudCare agents on customer machines for seamless integration of new customers with existing AVG services
· Convenient one-click management for creating automated backup schedules to the cloud or locally according to customer requirements
· Distinctive way of treating all data backed up the same in contrast to some solutions that charge a premium for backing up Microsoft® Exchange or SQL servers
· Capacity to restore customer data from a single file to a whole directory, quickly and easily
· Flexibility to automate time-consuming administration tasks, such as mass policy updates, using customizable scripts.
· Unified pay-as-you-use billing and no per-device license fees
· Simple reporting to help view invoices, license summaries for paid, trial, deployed or deleted services for all customers
“This enhancement to the service module for AVG CloudCare and AVG Managed Workplace is further evidence of our commitment to delivering a fully integrated platform of trust that gives our partners everything they need to run business efficiently while keeping down their administration costs,” said Mike Foreman, General Manager, SMB, AVG Technologies. “We have been working hard to bring together quickly all elements of the AVG business portfolio so that MSPs can have a consolidated, cross-network view of all their customers’ systems via a single pane of glass.”
AVG’s small business security portfolio is supported by a worldwide network of more than 10,000 partners. Its pedigree in this area makes it ideally positioned to help smaller IT and MSPs harness low cost, cloud-based tools so they can transition into fully-fledged managed services businesses. In October 2012 AVG introduced AVG CloudCare™, a cloud-based administration platform offering resellers a new way to implement and manage services such as antivirus, content filtering and email security services for their small business customers. In June 2013 it added AVG Managed Workplace®, an open eco-system Remote Management & Monitoring (RMM) tool. AVG‘s vision is to make the lives of MSPs and their small business customers as easy as possible, regardless of whether staff are in the office, at home, or on the road.
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG’s mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG’s powerful yet easy‐to‐use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG’s software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 172 million active users as of September 30, 2013 and offers a protection, performance and privacy products and services suite to consumers and small businesses including Internet security, performance optimization, mobile security, online backup, identity protection and family safety software. www.avg.com