Idera Announces Strong Growth in 2013
Idera Increases Revenue By 29%, Acquires Two Companies
Idera, a leading provider of application and server management solutions, announced strong 2013 growth, with a 29% increase in revenue and the acquisition of two companies, strengthening Idera’s product portfolio and increasing the employee base by 30%.
“Idera delivered significant growth in revenue, employees, and new customers over the past year,” said York Richards, Idera’s CFO. “We expanded our offerings to the market by heavily investing in R&D while also making two strategic acquisitions. Idera achieved outstanding results with our 2013 growth strategy, and we will increase velocity in 2014.”
The R&D investment produced major product announcements:
- Significant enhancements to Idera’s flagship product, SQL Diagnostic Manager 8.0, including a management pack for Microsoft System Center, AlwaysON availability monitoring and support for Microsoft SQL 2014
- An all new product, SQL Elements, that provides a summary view of the entire SQL Server environment through a single dashboard. Over 400 beta users tested the product to ensure quality and customer value prior to the December release.
- Significant feature enhancements to Server Backup Manager, SQL Toolbox, SQL Admin Toolset and SQL Comparison Toolset
Idera’s existing products also earned several prestigious awards:
- SQL Compliance Manager won the SQL Server Pro Community Choice Award for Best Security, Auditing & Compliance solutions for the fourth year in a row.
- Idera’s SQL Toolbox solution won Best of TechEd Award in the Database category for the fourth time.
In addition, Idera expanded its commitment to the IT community by launching three new free tools, including SQL Integrity Check, Server Backup Free, and SQL Permissions Extractor. The company’s growing catalog of free tools brings increased productivity, insight and security to server management and IT professionals.
Idera gained more than 1,000 new customers, achieving its goal of over 13,000 enterprises relying on Idera’s application management solutions. To support the expanded business, Idera increased marketing, R&D, and sales staff by 30% and now operates offices in five countries worldwide.
Idera has expanded its product offering and value proposition in 2013 by acquiring two companies: CopperEgg, a provider of cloud monitoring for applications, websites and servers, and Precise Software, a solution family of end-to-end application performance management software.
“2013 was exceptional for Idera,” said Randy Jacops, CEO of Idera. “To emphasize our commitment to productivity and value to IT organizations, we made significant investments in new technology, including the acquisitions of CopperEgg and Precise Software, as well as new products and multiple free tools. We understand that building an excellent team with a robust customer commitment drives our success. As we look to 2014, we plan to accelerate on all elements of our business and expect to exceed these impressive results.”
Idera is a leading provider of application and server management solutions. Idera provides a wide variety of application performance management products including solutions for Microsoft SQL Server. Idera also provides award-winning server backup solutions for both managed service providers and enterprise customers. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Idera is a Microsoft Managed Partner and has over 13,000 customers worldwide. Contact Idera at +1-713-523-4433 or visit http://www.idera.com for free trials, free tools and more information.
Content Type: Press Release
Release Date: 21st January 2014