Improved and Enhanced AVG PC TuneUp® Helps People Spring Clean their Windows PCs, Laptops and Tablets
AVG PC TuneUp’s latest free update enhances cleaning capability with added support for new programs and improved Duplicate Finder
AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO — AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization to 172 million active users, today announced a major update to AVG PC TuneUp®, its performance optimization and cleaning product for Windows® PCs, laptops, and tablets. The free update includes significantly enhanced features available within Duplicate Finder and compatibility with five new programs: Malwarebytes® Anti-Malware 1.75, Adobe® PhotoShop® CS6, Adobe® Lightroom®, Nero 12, and avast! Pro Antivirus.
Enhanced Duplicate Finder
In response to feedback from AVG PC TuneUp users, AVG has improved Duplicate Finder with this release with new features to spot and remove unnecessary duplicate files. These include:
- File exclusions: Users can now set exceptions file types (e.g. xls, doc).
- Easier interface: The “browser” dialog is easier to use as it allows direct selection of built-in and external files. In addition, the results window is now resizable so users can easily choose what disk to scan for duplicates.
- Folders: Duplicate Finder now also scans for and displays duplicate folders.
New Cleaning Definitions for Five New Programs
This month, AVG added five popular new programs to the list of 160 plus programs that Disk Cleaner already maintains and cleans up: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75, Adobe PhotoShop CS6, Adobe Lightroom, Nero 12, and Avast Pro Antivirus. This includes the removal of unnecessary leftover data from the abovementioned programs to free up disk space and improve device performance.
To get the free update, users can either start the program and go through the automatic update wizard, or check for updates manually by selecting “Help & Support”, and then clicking on Check for updates.
- AVG PC TuneUp supports the following operating systems: Windows® 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista® and Windows XP (32 and 64 bit versions)
- AVG PC TuneUp is available directly from AVG or through AVG’s affiliate partners for $39.95.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG’s mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG’s powerful yet easy-to‐use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG’s software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 172 million active users as of September 30, 2013 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software.
Content Type: Press Release
Release Date: February 5, 2014