SANS Institute to host a cyber security training event in Copenhagen, on 25-30th April 2016
22nd February 2016 – SANS Institute – the world’s largest provider of cyber security training – is holding a training event in Copenhagen, on 25-30th April 2016.
At the event, SANS is hosting two training courses:
- SEC642: Advanced Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- FOR508: Advanced Digital Forensics and Incident Response
SEC642 is led by Adrien de Beaupre, a member of the SANS Internet Storm Center whose professional experience also includes: Technical instruction, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, intrusion detection, incident response and forensic analysis.
Addressing the current threat landscape, de Beaupre warns: “The entire future of an organisation may only be one high-profile breach away from disaster.”
Problems in web apps are a likely cause of much of this risk. “Web applications are a major attack vector,” he said. “Businesses and business leaders need to understand this.”
“SEC642 teaches the advanced skills needed to uncover and remediate vulnerabilities before criminals do,” de Beaupre said.
Such is a modern web app’s complexity, de Beaupre believes, security professionals need a very particular set of assessment skills.
The SEC642 training course, de Beaupre says: “Brings the advanced tools and techniques required to assess modern applications to the next level, going far beyond simple web application automated scanning.”
When they leave the classroom, students will be able to execute penetration tests against even the most complex web applications. Through numerous lab exercises, the course teaches hands-on skills such as:
- Identifying and attacking encryption
- Bypassing application firewalls
- Performing advanced attacks against common flaws such as XSS, SQL injection and Cross-Site Request Forgery
The training event is held at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen. For more information about SEC642 and FOR508, please visit: www.sans.org/event/copenhagen-2016
About SANS: SANS Institute is recognised as the global leader in computer and information security training. Founded in 1989 – as a cooperative research and education organisation – SANS programmes now reach more than 200,000 security professionals each week. SANS provides:
- Intense, hands on technical training – Current and practical.
- World class Instructors – Global experts, practitioners and teachers.
- Broad curriculum – Specialist training, beginner to advanced levels.
- Multiple delivery options – Training Events, Online and Private classes.
- Certification – Many courses aligned to GIAC.
- Bespoke training solutions – Large-scale training programmes delivered by SANS experts.