TECH TOUR SEEKS THE MOST PROMISING FINTECH COMPANIES IN EUROPE
Call for Applications for Fintech Summit 2016: Deadline is March 1
Geneva & Brussels, January 19, 2016 – Tech Tour opened the call for applications today for the Tech Tour and IVC Fintech Summit which will take place in Paris, May 3-4, 2016. The Tech Tour Selection Committee will choose the top 20 innovative Fintech companies to bring them together with leading European Venture Capital firms Investors, Corporates and their Industry Advisors. The aim of the event is to facilitate investment, foster new business relationships.
Global Investments in Fintech tripled to $12.21 billion in 2014 from $4.05bn in 2013 and Fintech is one of the fastest growing sectors in the European Market. Although the lion share of the investments are in the US, Europe has experienced the highest growth at 215% year-on-year. The most significant investments were seen in the UK and Ireland ($623 million) a region that accounts for 42% of overall European investment. Followed by the Nordic countries ($345 million), the Netherlands ($306 million) and Germany ($82 million). ¹
‘The Digital revolution is increasingly challenging banking and insurance services, an industry that only a few thought could be transformed until recently. As of now disruptive investments are targeting all businesses such as payments, remittance, private banking, which led to an investment in Fintech companies of more than $12B in the year 2014 alone.’ Jean Rognetta, Croissance Plus and President of the 2016 Fintech Summit.
Top 20 Fintech Companies
Fintech entrepreneurs from Europe and beyond are invited to apply for a chance to present their business at the Summit. The event will centre on the following Fintech activities: Payment & Billing Tech; Personal Finance; Insurance Tech; Lending; Money Transfer; Digital Currency; Tools. The event provides a significant opportunity for entrepreneurial companies to gain visibility among the European Fintech investment community as well as access to a very large potential pool of capital. The Summit attracts a high-level and exclusive group of the key Fintech players who are spearheading development in this rapidly growing sector.
Entrepreneurs – Why apply to present?
- The Fintech Summit will bring a delegation of 80+ investors of the highest caliber, who are actively looking to invest in innovative Fintech companies
- The Tech Tour does not charge selected companies to present, selection is merit only
- The selected 20 finalists will each present their business plans to senior partners, vice presidents and CEO`s from the global venture capital and Fintech industry.
- One2One meetings are offered to entrepreneurs so that they have the chance to meet with the key investors on their radar
- In addition, entrepreneurs benefit from networking opportunities, local and international media exposure and potential opportunities to secure funding.
- Entrepreneurs can apply by March 1st at http://www.techtour.com/fintech2016/applications
How the Fintech Summit Works
- The Tech Tour opens the call for applications through our networks
- A Selection Committee made up of seasoned International Venture Capitalists, screens, chooses the best 20 top growth companies in Fintech
- The CEO’s of selected companies each present their business plans to investors at the event
- The event format allows for the maximum networking so that investors and entrepreneurs can meet and get to know one another.
Applicants can apply to present at: http://www.techtour.com/fintech2016/applications
The deadline for applications is March 1. As part of the process applicants must submit a company profile, business plan and draft presentation together with the registration form.
Applicants will be assessed on the uniqueness of their technology, the strength of their business model, vision, and capability to execute on the business plan and the quality and track record of their management. Submissions will be reviewed by the selection committee, which is comprised of senior business leaders from various backgrounds including venture capital, technology, research and economic promotion.
Team & Selection Committee
Jean Rognetta, Delegate General of Croissance Plus leads the event as the 2016 President and Baruk Pilo of Oakland Partners is VP of the Selection Committee.
Selection Committee Members:
360° Capital Partners, Accel Partners, Atlante Ventures, Axa Strategic Ventures, Caixa Capital, CapHorn Invest, Cisco Systems, DealMarket, Earlybird Venture Capital, Eggsplore, Idinvest Partners, iMinds, INKEF Capital, Jolt Capital, Mangrove Capital Partners S.A., New Alpha Asset Management, Octopus Ventures, Partech Ventures, Red Bridge, Samsung Electronics, Shiraz Partners, SmartFin Capital, United Ventures, Ventech, Visa, Xange Private Equity.
About The Tech Tour
The Tech Tour was founded in Geneva in 1998 in response to the growing interest in emerging technology companies throughout Europe. The Tech Tour mission is to facilitate investment in the most promising technology companies in Europe through matchmaking events focused on the Healthtech, Cleantech and ICT industry sectors. Since its inception in 1998, Tech Tour companies have been very successful in obtaining funding. The company provides an important platform for Entrepreneurs, Investors, Government influencers, Corporates and Advisors to collaborate and support the growth of the high-tech innovation ecosystem in Europe. For further information, please visit www.techtour.com
Simone Theiss, Tel: +41 22 518 47 22