Tripwire Business Momentum Accelerates Following Belden Acquisition
PORTLAND, Ore. — March 16, 2015 — Tripwire, Inc., a leading global provider of advanced threat, security and compliance solutions, today announced 22 percent year-over-year bookings growth in the quarter ending December 2014, compared with the same quarter in 2013. The Company also continued to grow its new license and product bookings at a 35% rate in the fourth quarter, which included 34% and 55% growth in our industry leading Security Configuration Management and Vulnerability Management products, respectively. In addition to revenue and licensing growth, Tripwire’s Technology Alliance Program increased the number of new strategic partners by over 200 percent and is driving significant customer engagement due to the value of the combined solution sets.
“Tripwire had a phenomenal year in 2014, and our growth was particularly robust in the fourth quarter after the Belden acquisition announcement,” said Jim Johnson, CEO of Tripwire. “We closed last year with record profits and margins, and our momentum is continuing into 2015. Tripwire generates excellent cash flow and demonstrates strong profitability, well above our industry peers. This financial and operational discipline makes it possible for us to continue to invest in and deliver industry-leading solutions.”
Key 2014 highlights include:
- 50 percent increase in North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Solution Suite sales.
- 29 percent increase in the number of deals large, strategic deals which accelerated to nearly 50% in Q4 2014.
- Tripwire distribution sales kicked into high gear with deals doubling in dollar value and closing twice as fast in 2014, compared with 2013.
- Tripwire Adaptive Threat Protection solution was introduced and is poised to be delivered to over one million Tripwire Enterprise agents worldwide, dramatically reducing the cyberthreat detection and response gap.
- Tripwire Enterprise app for Splunk Enterprise has been downloaded hundreds of times and enhanced based on enthusiastic customer feedback.
- 46 percent increase in policy content for Tripwire Enterprise, including expanded coverage for:
- National Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) version 5
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) version 3.0
- National Institute of Standards and Technology Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations (NIST sp800-53 revision 4)
- Defense Information Systems Agency Security Information Technical Guides (DISA STIGs)
- International Organization for Standardization Information Security Management (ISO-27001)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Monetary Authority of Singapore Technology Risk Management (MAS TRM)
- Center for Internet Security (CIS) benchmarks
- Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) version 5.0
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Publication 1075
Tripwire security and vulnerability management solutions protect over a million critical servers and endpoints, with more than 9,000 customers across 91 countries. More than half of Fortune 500 companies trust Tripwire with their security and compliance needs. Tripwire solutions protect many of the largest, most sensitive networks in the world, including nine of the top 10 utilities in the U.S., eight of the top 10 global retailers and seven of the top 10 global telecommunications firms.
Tripwire is the largest “pure-play” competitor focused exclusively on the security configuration management and security and vulnerability management markets. The International Data Corporation’s (IDC) annual “Worldwide Security and Vulnerability Management 2014-2018 Forecast and 2013 Vendor Shares” report shows that Tripwire climbed to the second largest vendor in the policy and compliance category. With 10.3 percent market share in this category, Tripwire’s market presence now exceeds Symantec and is second only to IBM. Tripwire is also positioned as one of the top five vendors in the overall security and vulnerability management (SVM) market — ahead of McAfee, NetIQ, Symantec, Qualys, Rapid7 and Tenable Network Security.
For more information, please visit: www.tripwire.com.
Tripwire is a leading provider of advanced threat, security and compliance solutions that enable enterprises, service providers and government agencies to confidently detect, prevent and respond to cybersecurity threats. Tripwire solutions are based on high-fidelity asset visibility and deep endpoint intelligence combined with business-context and enable security automation through enterprise integration. Tripwire’s portfolio of enterprise-class security solutions includes configuration and policy management, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability management and log intelligence. Learn more at www.tripwire.com, get security news, trends and insights at http://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/ or follow us on Twitter @TripwireInc.