Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9 – Ideal Software for all Photo Editing, Illustration and Graphic Design Needs!
Xara Photo & Graphic Designer v9 is the perfect software choice for all your photo and graphic design work, with powerful photo editing and enhancement features, and truly flexible illustration and design tools.
Main New Features Include:
- Advanced Healing Brush – remove blemishes with a single click, or brush over an area to erase it.
- New Mask and Selection tools. Easily paint, or draw a region or area to enhance, such as adjust the brightness, sharpness, colour temperature etc.
- Advanced background erase. Extract complex shapes such a people or objects in the foreground, and place them on alternate backgrounds.
- Drag and drop re-colouring of clipart and vector groups.
- Google Font support. Browse, preview and install any of the 600+ Google Fonts. Although Google Fonts were primarily designed to be web fonts, they are open source Truetype or OpenType fonts and Xara has built in a way to automatically download and install the font as a Windows font.
- 11 new Photo Effects including Fake HDR, Polarized Grayscale and Colour Splash to highlight a colour.
- New clipart including a wide range of ‘company logo’ designs
Most of Xara’s photo editing tools are non-destructive. Also known as ‘parametric image editing’, this non-destructive technique allows you to adjust or even remove edits at any point in the future, without affecting the original image. Photo edits are stored as the parameters to be changed (such as brightness or blend levels) rather than the altered pixels. This is much faster, more powerful, more memory efficient, and allows near infinite Undo.
Xara Photo and Graphic Designer introduces some really advanced photo editing features. An automatic background erase that normally takes hours of careful manual masking (or would be impossible), can be done in seconds. The Healing Brush is built on what Xara believe to be the most advanced intelligent ‘fill in’ algorithms anywhere. The new Mask and Selection tools make it easier than ever to apply edits to specific areas, and to have those edits seamlessly blended into your photo.
Charles Moir, Managing Director of Xara said: “As the name suggests ‘Photo & Graphic Designer’ is more than just another photo editor. It’s one of the most advanced and powerful vector graphics programs available, and seamlessly combines all the photo editing features you’re likely to need. Why should you have to use one program for general vector ‘artwork’ style graphics and another for photo editing, when you can get one, really fast, really easy-to-use graphics program that does it all? It’s simply the most advanced photo and graphics editing tool available, for the money.”
Price & Availability:
Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9 is available £69.99 (inc VAT)
It operates on Windows XP/Vista/7/8 /8.1
For more information please see – xara.com
Demonstration pages of the new features – xaragroup.magix.net/PGD9Demo1/
For press materials, graphics, screenshots, product information and a full list of new features. www.xara.com/press-center/photo-graphic-designer/
For detailed release notes see www.xara.com/photo-graphic-designer/notes
About Xara Group Ltd:
Xara, founded in 1981, was one of the oldest independent software developers in the UK, until it was acquired by Magix AG in 2007. Xara continues to develop innovative graphics, website building, and document publishing tools, which are marketed around the world under both the MAGIX and Xara brand names.
About MAGIX AG:
MAGIX is a leading international provider of high-quality software, online services and digital contents for multimedia communications. Since 1993, MAGIX has been developing leading technologies for creation, editing, management and presentation of photos and graphics, videos and music. Internationally, MAGIX operates from branches in the USA, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands. The product range is targeted towards laymen and professionals alike and goes beyond the PC range to include seamlessly integrated online and mobile applications.
According to its retail sales figures, MAGIX leads in the multimedia software sector in the most important European markets, and is one of the most successful competitors in the USA. Fifteen years of market presence as well as one thousand awards worldwide testify to the company’s power of innovation.